Founded in Philadelphia, Spring Point Partners, LLC (Spring Point) is a social impact organization that invests in the transformational leaders, networks and solutions that power community change and advance justice. We do this by seeking out and supporting community leaders who have the vision to see what’s possible and the drive to make that real; connecting the experience of partners with comprehensive and flexible supports for shared learning and impact; and investing in innovative ideas and adaptive solutions that can spark and scale change for all.
Whether we’re partnering on youth development, equity in learning, animal welfare or water sustainability or investing in new business models that close opportunity gaps and boost social and economic mobility, we center equity and justice in all we do — supporting individuals and ideas that can have a catalytic impact in their communities and on our society.
Together, let’s change the way social impact is achieved.
About the Position
The Project Assistant reports to the People Experience Coordinator, and will focus on assisting in project coordination, data validation and reporting, office management and overall support to the Strategic Priorities and Finance & Technology Solutions teams.
This is a six month temporary (non benefits-eligible) role with a hybrid schedule of three to four days a week at the Philadelphia office (located in University City), and one to two days virtual, with occasional schedule adjustments for after-hours events.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Projects: support and/or serve as a working project manager for projects focused on finance, contracts, data, technology, people (HR), organizational planning, office management, and the overall team
- Relationship Management: initiate, build, and maintain relationships crucial to the success of the team
- Planning & Scheduling: collaborate within the team, and other staff, consultants, and vendors as appropriate, to plan timelines for projects and align with existing schedules
- Content Creation: develop materials, resources, and presentations, for meetings, events, and trainings
- Editing: provide draft and final level reviews of presentations, documents, emails, and products
- Training/Meetings: design, coordinate, and evaluate all elements of training/event logistics, including butnot limited to, communications, agendas, visitor registration and greeting, set up/break down, travel, vendormanagement, and budgets
Technology & Office Management
- Office Space: assist with the daily coordination of the office space to proactively ensure the space is maintained, coordinate repairs, and ensure upkeep of all elements (plants, decorations, etc) and provide centralized resources for office space management
- Mail/Deliveries: sort and distribute mail and deliveries as well as outgoing packages
- Visitors: participate in shared visitor greeting and register guests with the building
- Events Support: support the People Experience Coordinator and the Events Coordinator to support organizational events in the University City and Center City spaces
- Technology: support coordination, office equipment (printers, copiers, phones, etc), and equipment management with contracted IT services, as well as technology troubleshooting requests from staff
- Conference Rooms: on a daily basis return conference rooms to standard set up and assist with technology set ups
- Planning & Scheduling: serve as a backup point of contact for calendar for Vice Presidents and Directors as requested
- Administrative: assist with all compliance, financial, documentation, and signature requirements for the VPand Director of Finance
- Team Coverage: assist with the responsibilities of other team members in their absence
All Staff Responsibilities
- Meetings/Events: Attend relevant team and/or staff meetings and events as determined by supervisor
- DEI: Contribute to the organization’s values-based culture building including diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) work
We look forward to the range of professional experiences that candidates provide, and that, at minimum, meet these qualifications:
- Professional Experience: demonstrate 1 year of project coordination and/or administrative experience
- Technology: ability to integrate technology into work, expert level in Excel and PowerPoint whileproficient in the rest of Microsoft Office (Outlook and Word)
- Education: High school diploma required
In addition, we seek candidates who demonstrate these preferred qualities:
- Mission Focused: enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, practitioner-led, and community-oriented
- Relationship Management: ability to initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships
- Team Player: collaborative and supportive of others with diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- DEI Focus: demonstrated experience and interest in supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization
- Learning Focused: ability to seek knowledge about diverse fields within social impact and make connections across the work
- Detail & Organization: strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Communication: strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility & Availability: ability to quickly pivot and thrive in a fluid environment, ability to navigate ambiguity, with flexibility in scheduling for periodic night or weekend events, as well as occasional overnight travel
- Confidentiality: ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
Spring Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
Spring Point Partners, LLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required as part of the conditional job offer process and prior to starting work. Boosters are encouraged, but not required, at this time. Reasonable accommodations due to disability or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered at the time of hire.
To apply please send your resume and email of interest to the Hiring Team at ProjectsSearch@thespringpoint.com